The shipping of dangerous goods by road, rail or sea requires consultation with a Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA). Why not appoint a DGSA from the Market Cross DGSA service? Our DGSAs are highly specialised in class 7 goods but cover all classes (1-9) for a comprehensive service (see below).
To clarify, dangerous goods are catgeorised into 9 Classes as follows:
- 1 – Explosive substances and articles
- 2 – Gases
- 3 – Flammable liquids
- 4 – Flammable solids
- 5 – Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
- 6 – Toxic and infectious substances
- 7 – Radioactive material
- 8 – Corrosive substances
- 9 – Miscellaneous dangerous substances and articles
In short, our highly experienced DGSAs will advise on the requirements of all relevant national and international transport legislation. In particular, your appointed DGSA will advise on the following:
- CDG09 (The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009);
- ADR (European Agreement concerning the international carriage of Dangerous goods by Road);
- RID (Regulations concerning the International carriage of Dangerous goods by Rail);
- IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods code).
Your appointed dangerous goods safety adviser will ensure your company’s compliance with the law. Furthermore, he or she will facilitate relevant training requirements as and when required.
If requested, the DGSA service can prepare the annual report for your transport activities. Moreover, he or she can investigate accidents or emergencies. Another key point is the potential security aspects of your shipments. Correspondingly, your DGSA can audit and report on practical compliance and best practices for security.
Call us on 01929 401040 for further details.
Click here to return to the Homepage.