What we are
Our company is a Democratic Social Enterprise (DSE) consisting of closely co-operating SMEs and community groups including Service Providers, Suppliers, Clients, Stakeholders and Investors. These entities have come together to form a company that is greater than the sum of its parts.
What we do
Market Cross is the first DSE in the world to provide nuclear safety services to the nuclear, oil & gas, defence and home office sectors. We provide these services with uncompromising quality, high reliability, cross-industry expertise and high levels of experience.
Why you should consider us
The DSE company structure lends itself to the very low overhead business model that we employ. This means that our service rates for any comparable level of qualification/experience/expertise/reliability are unbeatable. It is likely that you have been overcharged and underprovisioned by your current supplier for years. Things are about to change for the better.
Clients who use our Services benefit from:
- No sales teams, no middle management, no speculative shareholders
- Efficient company infrastructure maintained by members and volunteers
- Profit is put back into the business for the benefit of:
- Reinvestment in the industry (R&D reserves)
- Reinvestment in the workforce (e.g. training and professional development)
- Motivation of company members (equitable profit share schemes)
- Investment in community projects
Access to a Skilled and Experienced Workforce
- Already running their own businesses
- With a proven track record on delivery
- With cohesive working arrangements due to strict membership requirements
- With a guarantee of supply
- With an extensive knowledge and experience pool
A One-Stop Shop
- Providing working parties from a single organisation rather than subcontractor after subcontractor
- Providing simplistic compliance of SME quotas
- Eliminating multi-tier contract requirements
Democracy and transparency (clients can also join the membership)
- Voting rights
- Annual reporting
- Accessible member skills database.
Qualified and Experienced Board of Directors
- At least 10 years’ experience in relevant industry
- Long Experience in running own companies
- Strict company Rules
- Principle based ethos
Benefits to the Client's Stakeholders
- An experienced reputable workforce leads to an increased confidence in the process
- Fiscal transparency
- Safety assessment process transparency
- Social accounting
- No hidden agendas
- Ethically driven enterprise.